England and the continent : distinguishing the peculiarities of the English common law of contract /
- Publication info:
- Zurich : Dike, 2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- England and the continent : distinguishing the peculiarities of the English common law of contract / Eugen Bucher ; translated from the printed German text by Tony Weir.
- Main Author:
- Bucher, Eugen
Zurich : Dike, 2009
- Physical Description:
58 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Preliminary remarks on method, and on frustration
- Consideration : the doctrine and its historical background
- Procedural roots of the requirement of consideration
- England focuses on the promise not on the contract
- The primary function of consideration : connecting the two promises
- The extension of the function of consideration.