Medieval petitions : grace and grievance /
- Publication info:
- Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK ; Rochester, NY : York Medieval Press, 2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Medieval petitions : grace and grievance / edited by W. Mark Ormrod, Gwilym Dodd and Anthony Musson.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK ; Rochester, NY : York Medieval Press, 2009
- Item Description:
"York Medieval Press is published by the University of York's Centre for Medieval Studies in association with Boydell & Brewer Limited"--P. opposite t.p.Focuses on the late 13th to the late 15th century.--Cf. P. 2.
- Physical Description:
x, 254 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : medieval petitions in context / W. Mark Ormrod
- Parliamentary petitions? : the origins and provenance of the 'ancient petitions' (SC 8) in the National Archives / Gwilym Dodd
- Petitioning in the ancient world / Serena Connolly
- Petitioning between England and Avignon in the first half of the fourteenth century / Barbara Bombi
- Petitions to the Pope in the fourteenth century / Patrick Zutshi
- Understanding early petitions : an analysis of the content of petitions to Parliament in the reign of Edward I / Paul Brand
- Petitions from Gascony : testimonies of a special relationship / Guilhem Pépin
- Murmur, clamour and noise : voicing complaint and remedy in petitions to the English Crown, c. 1300-c. 1460 / W. Mark Ormrod
- Queenship, Lordship and petitioning in late Medieval England / Anthony Musson
- Taking your chances : petitioning in the last years of Edward II and the first years of Edward III / Simon J. Harris
- Words and realities : the language and dating of petitions, 1326-7 / Shelagh A. Sneddon
- A petition from the prisoners in Nottingham Gaol, c. 1330 / David Crook
- Thomas Paunfield, the 'heye Court of rightwisnesse' and the language of petitioning in the fifteenth century / Gwilym Dodd.