When is an accident really an "accident"?
- Publication info:
- [Toronto, Ont.] : Ontario Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education, 2006.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Corporate Subject:
- Corporate Subject:
- When is an accident really an "accident"?
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
[Toronto, Ont.] : Ontario Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education, 2006
- Variant Title:
- At head of title: Workers' compensation
- Item Description:
"Thursday, May 18, 2006."Co-chairs: Dan Revington and Stephen C. Roberts.Gary W. Newhouse's paper includes: Interpretation bulletin : interpretation of "personal injury by accident", "chance event", and "disablement" / Workers' Compensation Board, Policy and Program Development Department.David W. Brady paper includes: Workers' compensation law in Ontario and multifactoral disease : submissions on behalf of the employer / David W. Brady.
- Physical Description:
1 v. (various pagings) ; 28 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Causation in Ontario's workers' compensation law / [Michael S. Green]
- Setting the stage : an accident and causation refresher / Jack B. Siegel
- Aggravating issues : recurrences and aggravation basis / [John C. Russell]
- Aggravating issues : recurrences and aggravation basis [presentation slides] / John C. Russell
- [A review of the law : a "robust" approach? / Eleanor Smith]
- A review of the law : a robust approach? [presentation slides] / Eleanor Smith
- Critical evaluation of medical evidence [presentation slides] / Anthony Weinberg
- Effective advocacy when dealing with initial entitlement in disablement appeals : an employer's perspective / Rob Boswell
- Dealing with disablement claims from the worker's perspective / [Gary W. Newhouse]
- [Effective advocacy when arguing contentious causation/accident issues / S. David Gorelle]
- Compensation for mental stress : is current law and policy in Ontario's workers' compensation system too restrictive? / by Maryth Yachnin
- [Effective advocacy when arguing contentious causation/accident issues / David Wilken]
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal : decision no. 600/97 / [submitted by David Wilken]
- Future reforms : the historical context / [David W. Brady]
- [Future reforms: (the view from the worker's side) / Lois C. Cromarty].