Highest courts and the internationalisation of law : challenges and changes /
- Publication info:
- The Hague : Hague Academic Press, c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Highest courts and the internationalisation of law : challenges and changes / edited by Sam Muller and Marc Loth ; assistant editor, Jantine de Goei.
- Other Authors:
The Hague : Hague Academic Press, 2009
- Item Description:
Proceedings of a Colloquium organized by the Hague Institute for the Internationalisation of Law, June 30-July 1, 2006.
- Physical Description:
xiv, 216 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 195-211) and index.
Table of Contents
- Highest courts and the internationalisation of law : challenges and changes / A.S. Muller and M.A. Loth
- Supreme courts in an internationalised world : opening speech / by J.P.H. Donner
- Supreme courts in an internationalised world : challenges for the Trias Politica and the coherency of law? / E.M.H. Hirsch Ballin
- The Dutch Constitution and the subordination of national legislation in conflict with provisions of international treaties / W.J.M. Davids
- The primacy of community law over national constitutions : the case of France / O. Dutheillet de Lamothe
- On middle ground : European Community law and public international law / R. Schütze
- Internationalisation and legitimacy of decisions by the highest courts / A.M. Hol
- The Constitutional Court of Slovenia and its role as an intermediary between national and international law / M. Skrk
- The European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) and the position of the national judge / W.M.E. Thomassen
- Domestic courts and international courts : an illustration and a conclusion / D.Grimm
- Modern challenges for the judiciary and the role of supreme courts / P. Koskelo
- Globalisation of the judiciary : ways of interaction / A.Usacka
- New methods for the international coherency of law / G. Canivet
- The role of the Israeli Supreme Court in the fight against terrorism / D. Beinisch
- Confronting comparative methods : approaches to using extra-systemic parameters by the Canadian Supreme Court and the South African Constitutional Court / A. Lollini
- The changing role of highest courts : concluding observations / M. Scheltema.