Make your argument : succeeding in moot court and mock trial /
- Publication info:
- New York : Kaplan Pub., c2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Make your argument : succeeding in moot court and mock trial / John Korzen.
- Main Author:
- Korzen, John.
New York : Kaplan Pub., 2010
- Item Description:
- Physical Description:
241 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Table of Contents
- Moot court and mock trial : what they are and why you should take part
- General tips on making moot court
- Moot court problems in general
- Before you research
- Research and first sections of the brief
- Argument, formal conclusion, and summary
- The statement of facts, tables, and final polish
- Oral argument
- Working with your moot court team
- Judging moot court competitions
- Mock trial problems in general
- Sample trial problem
- Theory of the case and theme
- Make a good first impression : courtroom behavior, pre-trial conference, and pre-trial motions
- Opening statement
- Direct examination
- Handling your opponent's witness : objections and cross-examination
- Closing argument
- Working with your mock trial team
- Judging a mock trial competition.