Law and magic : a collection of essays /
- Publication info:
- Durham, N.C. : Carolina Academic Press, c2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Law and magic : a collection of essays / edited by Christine A. Corcos.
- Other Authors:
Durham, N.C. : Carolina Academic Press, 2010
- Physical Description:
xiii, 429 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Law and magic : an introduction out of a hat / Loren A. Smith
- It's in the cards : the law of Tarot (and other fortunes told) / Julie D. Cromer
- Rogues, vagabonds, and lunatics : how the right to listen cleared the future for fortunetellers / Craig Freeman and Stephen Banning
- Non-mainstream religions and the law / Pamela Edwards
- The effects of freedom of information laws on corruption and the quality of decision-making under U.S., E.U., and German freedom of information laws / Indra Spiecker genannt Döhmann
- "Ghostwriters" : spiritualists, copyright infringement, and rights of publicity / Christine A. Corcos
- Now you own it, now you don't : copyright and related rights in magic productions and performances / F. Jay Dougherty
- Secrets revealed : protecting magicians' intellectual property without law / Jacob Loshin
- Selling secrets : legal problems of the magic market / Florian Faust
- The magic of civil procedure / Frederick A. Brodie
- The case of the magician's assistant : McAfoos v. Canadian Pacific Steamships, Ltd / Robert M. Jarvis
- Magical realism / Jessie Allen
- The legal regulation and licensing of alchemy in late medieval England / Wendy J. Turner
- On death and magic : law, necromancy, and the great beyond / Eric J. Gouvin
- The type of possession is nine-tenths of the law : criminal responsibility for acts performed under the influence of hypnosis or bewitchment / Susan D. Rozelle
- "When you awake you will feel no remorse" : stage hypnotism and the law / Garrett Epps
- Unsympathetic magic : charitable status and magical practice in the United Kingdom / Peter W. Edge
- Principled conjuring tails : a twenty-first century lawyer's view of the history of animals in magic / Rebekah Heiser Hanley
- Taking the rabbit out of the hat : let the animals disappear from magic acts / Lisa Johnson
- Hocus ipsa loquitur : the affinity between law and magic / Noel Marcovecchio
- Conjuring and the courtroom : all I needed to know about trying cases I learned by doing magic shows / Kenneth M. Trombly
- Smoke and mirrors : the escamoteur as an expert witness / Sydney Beckman
- Perspectives, mainly Scottish, on evidence and procedure in witchcraft trials / Richard Ramsey
- "Low connections" : some wisdom for the academic lawyer in a history of English magic / Marianne Wesson.