Law and psychology /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Toronto : Oxford University Press, 2006.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Law and psychology / edited by Belinda Brooks-Gordon and Michael Freeman.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Toronto : Oxford University Press, 2006
- Meeting Name:
Current Legal Issues Colloquium
- Related Resource:
- Item Description:
Based on the UCL Law School 9th international inderdisciplinary colloquium held in July 2005.
- Physical Description:
xx, 503 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Law and psychology : issues for today / Belinda Brooks-Gordon and Michael Freeman
- Breaking down the barriers / Jenny McEwan
- Therapeutic jurisprudence : enhancing the relationship between law and psychology / Bruce J. Winick
- Legal decision making : psychological reality meets legal idealism / Mandeep K. Dhami
- Can cognitive neuroscience make psychology a foundational discipline for the study of law? / Oliver R. Goodenough
- How psychology is changing the punishment theory debate / Paul H. Robinson
- Modelling systematic communication differences between law and science / Paul Dougan, Fernand Gobet, and Michael King
- Cognitive errors, individual differences, and paternalism / Jeffrey J. Rachlinski
- Developmentally appropriate interview techniques / Michael E. Lamb and Anneli S. Larsson
- Nothing but the truth : achieving best evidence through interviewing in the forensic setting / Sarah Henderson and Linda Taylor
- Lie detection assessments as evidence in criminal courts / Aldert Vrij and Samantha Mann
- Towards a broader perspective on the problem of mistaken identification : police decision-making and identification procedures / Andrew Roberts
- Child witness testimony : what do we know and where are we going? / Helen L. Westcott
- The controversy over psychological evidence in family law cases / Nicholas Bala and Katherine Duvall Antonacopoulos
- Domestic violence and child protection : can psychology inform legal decisions? / Elizabeth Gilchrist
- Legal and psychological approaches to understanding domestic violence for American Indian women / Cynthia Willis Esqueda and Melissa Tehee
- Worlds colliding : legal regulation and psychologists' evidence about workplace bullying / Lizzie Barmes
- Psychology, law, and murders of gay men : responding to homosexual advances / Peter Bartlett
- Trial by jury involving persons accused of terrorism or supporting terrorism / Neil Vidmar
- Illuminating or blurring the truth : jurors, juries, and expert evidence / Judith Fordham
- Conflicts over territory : anti-social behaviour legislation and young people / Julia Fionda, Robert Jago, and Rachel Manning
- Psychology as reconstituted by education and law : the case of children with autism / Michael King and Diane King
- The construction of memory through law and law's responsiveness to children / Ya'ir Ronen
- A dual process that disables the persuasive impact of mass media appeals to obey tax laws / Robert Mason and Safaa Amer
- Consumer bankruptcy reform and the heuristic borrower / Susan Block-Lieb and Edward J. Janger
- Regulating prostitution / Helen J. Self
- Psychoanalysis and the Nazis / Stephen Frosh.