Law, knowledge, culture : the production of indigenous knowledge in intellectual property law /
- Publication info:
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : E. Elgar, c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Intellectual property litigation, 2004 update : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Intellectual Property Litigation 2004, held in Vancouver, B.C. on October 28, 2004 / course chair, Bradley J. Freedman ; faculty, Craig A. Ash ... [et al.] ; CLE lawyer, Raymond Lee.
KF 2979 A2 I584 2004
- Law, knowledge, culture : the production of indigenous knowledge in intellectual property law / Jane E. Anderson.
- Main Author:
- Anderson, Jane E. 1975- (Jane Elizabeth),
Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : E. Elgar, 2009
- Item Description:
Based on the author's PhD thesis, Faculty of Law, New South Wales, Australia."The focus of this book is ... about the protection of 'indigenous knowledge within Australia ..."--Introduction, p. 2.
- Physical Description:
ix, 255 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 226-247) and index.
Table of Contents
- The cultural life of law
- The making of intellectual property law
- Copyright and the categories of identification
- Aboriginal art and the economic currency of law
- Study of the bureaucratic agenda
- A tale of two cases
- The politics of law
- Globalising indigenous rights in intellectual property
- The culture concept
- Community and culture/community claims.