When the butterfly flaps its wings : cross-border litigation in your practice.
- Publication info:
- [Toronto, Ont.] : Ontario Bar Association, 2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
The civil litigation process : cases and materials / general editor, Janet Walker, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University ; editors, Jane Bailey, Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa, Barbara Billingsley, Faculty of Law, University of Alberta, David A. Crerar, Borden, Ladner, Gervais, LLP, Erik S. Knutsen, Faculty of Law, Queen's University.
KF 8840 ZA2 W282 2016
- When the butterfly flaps its wings : cross-border litigation in your practice.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
[Toronto, Ont.] : Ontario Bar Association, 2009
- Portion of Title:
- Cross-border litigation in your practice
- Variant Title:
- Civil litigation : when the butterfly flaps its wings : cross-border litigation in your practice
- Item Description:
At head of title: Civil litigation.Co-chairs: Jon-David, Giacomelli ... [et al.]."February 2, 2009."--Agenda page.
- Physical Description:
1 v. (various pagings) : forms ; 30 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- The law of fraud and tracing / by David Debenham
- Fraud & tracing [presentation slides] / David Debenham
- Enforcing foreign judgments and asset tracing in the U.S. / C. Ryan Reetz
- Antisuit injunctions and remedial devices for enforcing forum selection / Yousuf Aftab and Daniel Tan
- [The legacy of the Ontario Court of Appeal's Muscutt decision : implications for jurisdiction and forum non conveniens / John Terry and Molly Reynolds]
- Obtaining cross-border injunctive relief : the United States perspective / Steven M. Richman
- Obtaining cross-border injunctive relief : the United States perspective [presentation slides] / Steven M. Richman
- [Obtaining evidence in the U.S. for use in Canadian proceedings [presentation slides] / Peter S. Selvin]
- A how-to guide to obtaining and enforcing letters rogatory in Ontario / [Kathryn Podrebarac]
- [The nuts and bolts of cross-border litigation : service and discovery / Joshua I. Feinstein]
- The nuts and bolts of cross-border litigation : service and discovery [presentation slides] / Joshua Feinstein
- [Chapter 15 cross-border insolvencies / Garry M. Graber]
- Globalization and its impact on cooperation and coordination in cross-border insolvency cases / J.M. Farley
- Recent CCAA and cross-border developments in the Muscletech and Calpine Canada restructurings / J.A. Carfagnini, David B. Bish, Brendan D. O'Neill
- [A practical guide for U.S. counsel in navigating class action litigation in Canada [presentation slides] / T. Christopher Tuck
- The future of ilitigation under part XXIII.1 of the Ontario Securities Act / A. Dimitri Lascaris
- [Patent troll cases in the Eastern District of Texas / Paul I. Perlman]
- Behavioral advertising update January 2009 / Alan Sutin
- [Trade-marks on the Internet / Michael Erdle and Cheryl Cheung]
- Use of trade-marks on the Internet [presentation slides] / presented by Michael Erdle
- Leveraging jurisdictional differences in cross-border copyright litigation / Mark S. Hayes
- [Insurance issues in cross-border litigation / David C. Rosenbaum and Alan S. Rutkin]
- Cross-border litigation issues and insurance : a brief overview discussion (Ontario/New York) / Michael Burgar & Joseph G. Finnerty III
- "Class counsel and legal costs indemnity agreements" / by J. Gardner Hodder and Guillermo Schible
- [Obtaining non-monetary/injunctive relief in Canada : cross-border considerations / Jon-David Giacomelli]
- Civil search orders in Canada [presentation slides] / Elissa Goodman.