Doing good, while avoiding legal and liability problems : a primer for lawyers on advising and sitting on non-profit boards and charities.
- Publication info:
- [Toronto, Ont.] : Ontario Bar Association, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Charities and not-for-profit organizations conference : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Charities and Not-for-Profit Law Conference, held in Vancouver, B.C. on October 22, 2004 / course chair, Robert G. Kuhn ; faculty, James M. Bond ... [et al.] ; program lawyer, Raymond Lee.
KF 1388 A75 C42 2004
- Doing good, while avoiding legal and liability problems : a primer for lawyers on advising and sitting on non-profit boards and charities.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
[Toronto, Ont.] : Ontario Bar Association, 2010
- Portion of Title:
- At head of title: Charity and not-for-profit law
- Item Description:
"The 35th Annual OBA Institute of Continuing Legal Education."Program chairs: Mark A. Blumberg, Barbro E. Stalbecker-Pountney."Tuesday, February 16, 2010."
- Physical Description:
1 v. (various pagings) ; 28 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- The legal duties of directors of charities and not-for-profits / by Terrance S. Carter and Jacqueline M. Demczur
- Due diligence in avoiding risks for directors of charities and not-for-profits / by Terrance S. Carter
- Advising the charitable client : risk management strategies / by Terrance S. Carter
- Legal risk management checklist for charities / by Terrance S. Carter and Jacqueline M. Demczur
- Personal liability of directors : identifying and managing the risks / [William T. Pashby]
- Sitting on a non-profit board : a risk management checklist / [Kathleen A. Waters]
- Lawyers on boards : assessing the risks and limiting the liability / by Alan L. W. D'Silva, Patrick O'Kelly and Ellen M. Snow
- Are you pro bono : legal services covered by LawPRO? / [Nanette O'Connor]
- Non profits : doing good without charitable status / M. Elena Hoffstein
- CRA's fundraising guidance [presentation slides] / [Barbara Wallace]
- Fundraising : Canada Revenue Agency's New Fundraising Guidance (CPS-028) / Barbara Wallace
- Guidance : fundraising by registered charities / Canada Revenue Agency
- Bill C-6 [presentation slides] / [Barbara Wallace]
- Bill C-6 : Canada Consumer Product Safety Act / Barbara Wallace
- Bill C-6 : an act respecting the safety of consumer products / House of Commons of Canada
- Top 15 legal and ethical concerns for charities in Ontario : red, white and yellow flags [presentation slides] / Mark Blumberg
- Canadian charity legal checklist / by Mark Blumberg.