Cheated not poisoned? : food regulation in the United Kingdom, 1875-1938 /
- Publication info:
- Manchester : Manchester University Press, 2009
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Concentration in the book-publishing and bookselling industry : hearing before the Subcommittee on Antitrust, Monopoly, and Business Rights of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-sixth Congress, second session, on monopolization of the publishing industry, March 13, 1980. --
KF 1893 B57 A2 J835 1980
- Cheated not poisoned? : food regulation in the United Kingdom, 1875-1938 / Michael French and Jim Phillips.
- Main Author:
- French, Michael.
- Other Authors:
Manchester : Manchester University Press, 2009
- Paperback ed.
- Physical Description:
213 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -203) and index.
Table of Contents
- Food and state regulation
- The food business and interest groups, 1875-1938
- The evolution and operation of the Sale of Food Drugs Acts, 1875-1907
- Food scares and the local government board
- Assessing food additives : regulating chemical preservatives, 1888-1938
- Standards and central government, 1899-1938
- Conflicts of interest : milk regulation, 1875-1938.