Theorising the global legal order /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Mar 04, 2020||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Theorising the global legal order / edited by Andrew Halpin & Volker Roeben.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2009
- Item Description:
"The essays collected here are based on contributions to a conference held in Swansea in May 2008 on Theorising the Global Legal Order."--p. 2.
- Physical Description:
viii, 278 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Cosmopolitan legal orders / H. Patrick Glenn
- Implications of 'globalisation' for law as a discipline / William Twining
- Theorising the global legal order : an institutionalist perspective / Stefan Oeter
- Incorporating foreign legal ideas through translation / Ko Hasegawa
- Globalisation and judicial reasoning : building blocks for a method of interpretation / Catherine Dupré
- Statecraft, trade and strategy : toward a new global order / Ari Afilalo and Dennis Patterson
- European Union as a single working-living space : EU law and new forms of intra-community migration / Oxana Golynker
- The domestic enforcement of supranational rules : the role of evidence in EC competition law / Déirdre Dwyer
- The UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples : towards a global legal order on indigenous rights? / Stephen Allen
- Developing a framework for understanding the localisation of global scripts in East Asia / John Gillespie
- Governance through corruption : cosmopolitan complicity / Nicholas Dorn
- Decentralised constitutionalisation in national and international courts : reflections on comparative law as an approach to public law / Christian Walter
- Concluding reflections / Andrew Halpin and Volker Roeben.