Migration and human rights : the United Nations Convention on Migrant Workers' Rights /
- Publication info:
- Paris, France : UNESCO Pub. ; Cambridge, U.K. ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Sep 03, 2019||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Migration and human rights : the United Nations Convention on Migrant Workers' Rights / edited by Ryszard Cholewinski, Paul de Guchteneire, Antoine Pécoud.
- Other Authors:
Paris, France : Cambridge, U.K. ; New York : UNESCO Pub. ; 2009
- Uniform Title:
- Item Description:
"International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of their Families adopted by General Assembly Resolution 45/158 of 18 December 1990": p. 393-436.
- Physical Description:
xx, 452 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : The UN Convention on Migrant Workers' Rights / Paul de Guchteneire and Antoine Pécoud
- Migration and human rights : the uneasy but essential relationship / Graziano Battistella
- Role of civil society in campaigning for and using the ICRMW / Mariette Grange and Marie D'Auchamp
- Committee on Migrant Workers and implementation of the ICRMW / Carla Edelebos
- Migrants' rights in UN human rights conventions / Isabelle Slinckx
- The need for a rights-based approach to migration in the age of globalization / Patrick A. Taran
- Obstacles to, and opportunities for, ratification of the ICRMW in Asia / Nicola Piper
- Obstacles to ratification of the ICRMW in Canada / Victor Pinché, Eugénie Depatie-Pelletier and Dina Epale
- Mexico's role in promoting and implementing the ICRMW / Gabriela Díaz and Gretchen Kuhner
- Migrants' rights after apartheid : South African responses to the ICRMW / Jonathan Crush, Vincent Williams and Peggy Nicholson
- Policy on the ICRMW in the United Kingdom / Bernard Ryan
- The French political refusal on Europe's behalf / Hélène Oger
- Migration and human rights in Germany / Felicitas Hillmann and Amanda Klekowski von Koppenfels
- Migration and human rights in Italy : prospects for the ICRMW / Kristina Touzenis
- The ICRMW and the European Union / Euan Macdonald and Ryszard Cholewinski
- Annex 1. International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families adopted by General Assembly Resolution 45/158 of 18 December 1990
- Annex 2. Ratifications of ILO Conventions 97 and 143 and of ICRMW as at June 2009.