Advice & dissent : the struggle to shape the federal judiciary /
- Publication info:
- Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Dec 10, 2019||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Advice & dissent : the struggle to shape the federal judiciary / Sarah A. Binder and Forrest Maltzman.
- Main Author:
- Binder, Sarah A.
- Other Authors:
Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, 2009
- Portion of Title:
- Struggle to shape the federal judiciary
- Variant Title:
- Advice and dissent
- Physical Description:
xii, 198 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The struggle to shape the federal judiciary
- The origins and evolution of advice and consent
- How Senators influence the choice of nominees
- The dynamics of Senate confirmation
- Constructing the federal bench
- The consequences of conflict over judicial selection
- Reforming advice and consent.