The trials of art /
- Publication info:
- London : Ridinghouse, 2007.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Legal aspects of international art trade = Aspects juridiques du commerce international de l'art = Aspectos jurídicos des comercio internacional del arte / Martine Briat, Judith A. Freedberg, editors ; [sponsored by] Institute of International Business Law and Practice, International Chamber of Commerce [and] Fundación Central Hispano.
K 3778 L44 1993
The protection of cultural property in the event of armed conflict : commentary on the Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict and its protocol, signed on 14 May, 1954 in the Hague, and on other instruments of international law concerning such protection / Jiří Toman.
K 3791 A41954 A38 1996
- The trials of art / edited by Daniel McClean.
- Other Authors:
London : Ridinghouse, 2007
- Physical Description:
380 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The licence of poets and madmen : judging art since Veronese / Sadakat Kadri
- Trials of the title : the trials of Brancusi and Veronese / Daniel McClean and Armen Avanessian
- The aesthetics of law / Costas Douzinas
- Bird, fish or flying tiger : what's in a name? / Thierry de Duve
- The painter's eye and the lawyer's tongue : the artist as witness / Cristina S. Martinez
- Whistler v. Ruskin : libel, the art critic and the artist / Adam Strevens
- Eden v. Whistler : the baronet and the butterfly / Andrew Causey
- The courtroom as gallery : the jury as spectators / Henry Lydiate
- Murdering art : destruction of art works and artists' moral rights / Christine Michalos
- Serra v. USA and its aftermath : mandate for moral rights in America? / Judith Bresler
- Rogers v. Koons : copyright and the problem of artistic appropriation / Michael Spence
- Creative intent : the recent fortunes of appropriation in the United States / Martha Buskirk
- Not another blasphemy trial! : the prosecution of George Crosz and political justice in Weimar Germany / Michael White
- Viennese waltzes : Viennese actionism and the law / Hubert Klocker
- Robert Mapplethorpe : the perfect moment / Guy Vassall-Adams
- Piss Christ on trial : disgust, obscenity and transgression / Alison Young
- A transgressive work and its defences / Anthony Julius
- Lars Vilks and the use of the legal process as artistic material / Lisa Rosendahl
- Postscript : the Museum of Art, Massachusetts v. Christoph Büchel / Daniel McClean.