Marginalized communities and access to justice /
- Publication info:
- Abingdon [England] ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Marginalized communities and access to justice / edited by Yash Ghai and Jill Cottrell.
- Other Authors:
Abingdon [England] ; New York : Routledge, 2010
- Item Description:
"A GlassHouse book.""First drafts of the papers were presented in Washington, DC in the first week of March 2008 ... the authors revised them for presentation at the World Forum on Justice in Vienna on 4 July 2008. They were further revised and edited for publication in this volume"--Preface, p. [ix].
- Physical Description:
x, 270 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The rule of law and access to justice / Yash Ghai and Jill Cottrell
- Access to justice : lessons from South Africa's land reform program / Geoff Budlender
- Access to land and justice : anatomy of a state without the rule of law / Yash Ghai
- The movement of landless rural workers in Brazil and their struggles for access to law and justice / Boaventura de Sousa Santos and Flávia Carlet
- Access to justice and indigenous communities in Latin America / Julio Faundez
- Seeking justice for the historical claims of indigenous people in Aotearoa New Zealand / David V. Williams
- Peasants' struggle for land in China / Eva Pils
- "Honor" and violence against women in Pakistan / Hannah Irfan
- Peace versus justice in northern Kenya : dialectics of state and community laws / Tanja Chopra
- The opportunities and challenges of using public interest litigation to secure access to justice for Roma in Central and Eastern Europe / James A. Goldston and Mirna Adjami
- Conclusions and reflections / Yash Ghai and Jill Cottrell.