The education of English language learners : research to practice /
- Publication info:
- New York : Guilford Press, c2010.
On the Shelf
- The education of English language learners : research to practice / edited by Marilyn Shatz, Louise C. Wilkinson.
- Other Authors:
New York : Guilford Press, 2010
- Physical Description:
xiv, 306 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9781606236598 (hardcover)1606236598 (hardcover)
Table of Contents
- The brain and language acquisition: variation in language knowledge and readiness for education / Barbara T. Conboy
- The process of acquiring a first and second language / Kathryn Kohnert & Giang Pham
- Language choice and competence: code switching and issues of social identity in young bilingual children / Iliana Reyes & Susan Ervin-Tripp
- Ways to words: learning a second-language vocabulary / Lisa M. Bedore, Elizabeth D. Peña, & Karin Boerger
- The role of phonology in orthographically different languages / Ellen H. Newman
- Bilingualism and cognitive linkages: learning to read in different languages / Ellen Bialystok & Kathleen F. Peets
- Learning English as a second language / María Estela Brisk
- Communicative repertoires and English language learners / Betsy Rymes
- Difficulty, delay, or disorder: what makes English hard for English language learners? / Carol Westby & Deborah Hwa-Froelich
- Implications for assessment and instruction / Alison L. Bailey
- Extended implications for practice: families as allies / Leslie Reese & Claude Goldenberg
- Recent research on English language and literacy instruction: what we have learned to guide practice for English language learners in the 21st century / Diane August ... [et al.].