Authorship and cultural identity in early Greece and China : patterns of literary circulation /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2010.
On the Shelf
- Authorship and cultural identity in early Greece and China : patterns of literary circulation / Alexander Beecroft.
- Main Author:
- Beecroft, Alexander, 1973-
Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2010
- Physical Description:
ix, 328 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780521194310 (hardback)0521194318 (hardback)
Table of Contents
- Explicit poetics in Greece and China : points of divergence and convergence
- Epic authorship : the lives of Homer, textuality and panhellenism
- Lyric authorship : poetry, genre, and the polis
- Authorship between epic and lyric : Stesichorus, the Palinode, and performance
- Death and lingerie : cosmopolitan and panhuaxia readings of the airs of the states
- Summit at Fei : the poetics of diplomacy in the Zuozhuan
- The politics of dancing : the great King Wu dance and the hymns of Zhou
- Conclusion : scenes of authorship and master-narratives.