From song to print : Romantic pseudo-songs /
- Publication info:
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
On the Shelf
- From song to print : Romantic pseudo-songs / Terence Allan Hoagwood.
- Main Author:
- Hoagwood, Terence Allan, 1952-
New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
xvi, 196 p. : ill., music ; 22 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780230609839 (alk. paper)023060983X (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Romantic-period poetry and the "sweet power of song"
- Sir Walter Scott, "ballad deception," and Romantic pseudo-songs
- The "cool medium" of Sydney Owenson's The lay of an Irish harp
- Contradictory arts : Moore's Irish melodies
- "It gave them virtues not their own" : Byron's Hebrew melodies.