Cultural heritage issues : the legacy of conquest, colonization, and commerce /
- Publication info:
- Leiden : M. Nijhoff, 2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
The protection of cultural property in the event of armed conflict : commentary on the Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict and its protocol, signed on 14 May, 1954 in the Hague, and on other instruments of international law concerning such protection / Jiří Toman.
K 3791 A41954 A38 1996
- Cultural heritage issues : the legacy of conquest, colonization, and commerce / edited by James A.R. Nafziger, Ann M. Nicgorski.
- Other Authors:
Leiden : M. Nijhoff, 2009
- Portion of Title:
- Legacy of conquest, colonization, and commerce
- Physical Description:
xxi, 466 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Who controls native cultural heritage? : "art," "artifacts," and the right to cultural survival / Rebecca Tsosie
- Protection and repatriation of indigenous cultural heritage in the United States / James A.R. Nafziger
- Repatriation of cultural material to first nations in Canada : legal and ethical justifications / Catherine Bell
- Taonga Maori renaissance : protecting the cultural heritage of Aotearoa/New Zealand / Robert K. Paterson
- Cultural heritage law : recent developments in the laws of war and occupation / Sabine von Schorlemer
- Unraveling history : return of African cultural objects repatriated and looted in colonial times / Folarin Shyllon
- Colonization and its effect on the cultural property of Libya / Nancy C. Wilkie
- Legal and illegal acquisition of antiquities in Iraq, 19th century to 2003 / McGuire Gibson
- German Archaeological Institute's protection of cultural heritage in Iraq and elsewhere in the Middle East / Margarete van Ess
- Whose culture is it anyway? / Kwame Anthony Appiah
- Thieves of Baghdad : the search for Iraq's stolen heritage / Matthew Bogdanos
- Mythology of the antiquities market / Ricardo J. Elia
- UNESCO international framework for the protection of the cultural heritage / Lyndel V. Prott
- 2001 UNESCO Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage / Tullio Scovazzi
- Increasing effectiveness of the legal regime for the protection of the international archaeological heritage / Patty Gerstenblith
- Preservation of cultural heritage : a tool of international public diplomacy / Maria P. Kouroupas
- Culture and development : the role of governments in protecting and promoting culture / Anastasia Telesetsky
- Recovery of art looted during the Holocaust / Lawrence M. Kaye
- Resolving material culture disputes : human rights, property rights, and crimes against humanity / Robert K. Paterson
- Using UNIDROIT to avoid cultural heritage disputes : limitation periods / Patrick O'Keefe
- Provenance research : litigation and the responsibility of museums / Lawrence M. Kaye
- Museums as sites of reconciliation / Claire L. Lyons.