Challenges to fingerprints /
- Publication info:
- Tucson, AZ : Lawyers & Judges Pub., c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Challenges to fingerprints / Lyn Haber, Ralph Norman Haber.
- Main Author:
- Haber, Lyn.
- Other Authors:
Tucson, AZ : Lawyers & Judges Pub., 2009
- Physical Description:
xiv, 217 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 199-208) and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to fingerprints
- Individualization : fingerprint comparison is not like finding your wife in a crowd
- Fingers and toes
- Where are the fingerprints? : crime scene and laboratory processing of latent fingerprints
- That's your fingerprint! : the ACE comparison method
- Automated fingerprint search (AFIS)
- How good is Stella Lavie? : proficiency and certification testing of fingerprint examiners
- That's your fingerprint (only maybe it isn't)! : error rates of fingerprint comparisons
- Contamination in the crime laboratory
- Standards governing the qualifications of fingerprint examiners and crime laboratories
- Challenges to claims by the fingerprint profession about fingerprint comparison accuracy
- Challenges to fingerprints.