Research on scientific research : a transdisciplinary study /
- Publication info:
- Brighton [England] ; Portland, Or. : Sussex Academic Press, 2010.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
On the Shelf
Responsible science : ensuring the integrity of the research process / Panel on Scientific Responsibility and the Conduct of Research, Committee on Science, Engineering, and Public Policy, National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, Institute of Medicine.
Q 180.55 M67 C66 1992 V.1
Ethics education and scientific and engineering research : what's been learned? what should be done? : summary of a workshop / Rachelle Hollander, editor ; Carol R. Arenberg, co-editor ; Center for Engineering, Ethics, and Society; National Academy of Engineering of the National Academies.
Q 180.55 M67 E85 2009
- Research on scientific research : a transdisciplinary study / edited by Mauro Maldonato and Ricardo Pietrobon.
- Other Authors:
Brighton [England] ; Portland, Or. : Sussex Academic Press, 2010
"Research on Scientific Research sets out to explain how scientific research is conducted. Editors Mauro Maldonato and Ricardo Pietrobon and Contributors focus on the emerging inter/transdisciplinary dimensions of research. They use an approach grounded in the sciences of complexity to counteract the disciplinary fragmentation and decontextualization created by a reductionist approach. The underlying theme throughout all the chapters is a practical focus on improving the way practitioners conduct and educate for scientific research. By rejecting the reductionistic approach to science, the authors propose research platforms that offer a broader perspective on the nature and practice of research, and the implications thereof for more complex and productive research environments."--Publisher's description.
- Physical Description:
ix, 176 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9781845193430 (p/b : alk. paper)1845193431 (p/b : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Introduction: what is research on research? / Ricardo Pietrobon and Mauro Maldonato
- Scientific innovation, innovation architects, and interdisciplinary ecologies: a theoretical model / Ricardo Pietrobon, Jatin Shah, and Mauro Maldonato
- Research about research as a psychologist views it / Santo Di Nuovo
- Dilemmas as complex universes of discourse / Giuseppe Mininni
- Embodied mind and knowledge: prolegomena for a neuro-phenomenological theory / Mauro Maldonato and Silvia Dell 'Orco
- Mirror neurons and skilful coping: motor intentionality between sensorimotor and ideomotor schemata in goal-directed actions / Massimiliano Cappuccio
- Modern science as a new philosophy of nature: from a non-Euclidean description of proteins of biomaterials / Antonio Mario Tamburro
- Transdisciplinarity and creative inquiry in transformative education: researching the research degree / Alfonso Montuori
- A complex ethics for scientific knowledge / Edgard de Assis Carvalho
- Notes on the complex method and the challenges of research / Maria da Conceicao de Almeida
- Revisiting James in light of Dreyfus: consciousness, decision-making, and implications for science / Ricardo Pietrobon, Massimiliano Cappuccio, and Mauro Maldonato.