Demystifying dissertation writing : a streamlined process from choice of topic to final text /
- Publication info:
- Sterling, Va. : Stylus, 2009, c2010.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
|Due: Jul 27, 2019||SCOTT-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Demystifying dissertation writing : a streamlined process from choice of topic to final text / Peg Boyle Single ; foreword by Richard M. Reis.
- Main Author:
- Single, Peg Boyle, 1963-
Sterling, Va. : Stylus, 2009
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
xx, 201 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9781579223120 (cloth : alk. paper)1579223125 (cloth : alk. paper)9781579223137 (pbk. : alk. paper)1579223133 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Thesingle system for academic writing
- Choosing a topic and an adviser
- Interactive reading and note taking
- Citeable notes
- Focusing on focus statements
- Transforming a focus statement into a one-page outline
- Long outline with references
- Developing a regular writing routine
- Overcoming writer's block
- Therole of revision
- Epilogue and enjoying the journey
- Elements of humanities reserach
- Elements of social science research.