Faculty success through mentoring : a guide for mentors, mentees, and leaders /
- Publication info:
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2009.
On the Shelf
- Faculty success through mentoring : a guide for mentors, mentees, and leaders / Carole J. Bland ... [et al.].
- Other Authors:
Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 2009
- Item Description:
"Published in partnership with AEC, American Council on Education, the unifying voice for higher education."
- Physical Description:
xiv, 213 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 183-198) and index.
9781607090663 (cloth : alk. paper)160709066X (cloth : alk. paper)9781607090687 (electronic)1607090686 (electronic)
Table of Contents
- Guide to using this book
- Definition and benefits of faculty mentoring
- Mentoring models and effective mentoring programs
- Mentoring new faculty members
- Phases of effective mentoring
- Establishing effective mentoring relationships, especially across gender and ethnicity
- Establishing effective mentoring relationships across generations
- Mentoring midcareer and senior faculty members
- Mentoring for faculty considering academic leadership positions.