Globalization and private law : the way forward /
- Publication info:
- Cheltenham, UK : E. Elgar, c2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Globalization and private law : the way forward / edited by Michael Faure and André van der Walt.
- Other Authors:
Cheltenham, UK : E. Elgar, 2010
- Physical Description:
xx, 488 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Democracy and (European) private law : a functional approach / Jan Smits
- Public accountability of transnational rule making : a view from the European Union and beyond / Deirdre Curtin
- Private law in a globalizing world : economic criteria for choosing the optimal regulatory level in a multi-level government system / Roger Van den Bergh
- Globalization and harmonization of international trade law / Sieg Eiselen
- The relation between private law and administrative law in view of globalization / Frits Stroink
- Beyond parochialism : transnational contextualization in constitutional interpretation in South Africa (with particular reference to jurisprudence of the Constitutional Court / Lourens du Plessis
- Globalization, state commercial activity and the transformation of administrative law / Geo Quinot
- Globalization : selected developments in corporate law / Bas Steins Bisschop
- Globalization and corporate law / Philip Sutherland
- Civil procedure in a globalizing world / Remco van Rhee
- Fundamental rights in private law : anchors or goals in a globalizing legal order? / Siewert Lindenbergh
- Globalization and multi-level governance of environmental harm / Michael Faure
- The rule of law and judicial activism : obstacles for shaping the law to meet the demands of a civilized society, particularly in relation to climate change / Jaap Spier
- Comparative and concluding remarks / Michael Faure and André van der Walt.