Law in the laboratory : a guide to the ethics of federally funded science research /
- Publication info:
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2010.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
On the Shelf
Responsible science : ensuring the integrity of the research process / Panel on Scientific Responsibility and the Conduct of Research, Committee on Science, Engineering, and Public Policy, National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, Institute of Medicine.
Q 180.55 M67 C66 1992 V.1
Ethics education and scientific and engineering research : what's been learned? what should be done? : summary of a workshop / Rachelle Hollander, editor ; Carol R. Arenberg, co-editor ; Center for Engineering, Ethics, and Society; National Academy of Engineering of the National Academies.
Q 180.55 M67 E85 2009
- Law in the laboratory : a guide to the ethics of federally funded science research / Robert P. Charrow.
- Main Author:
- Charrow, Robert.
Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2010
- Physical Description:
ix, 330 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780226101644 (cloth : alk. paper)0226101649 (cloth : alk. paper)9780226101651 (pbk. : alk. paper)0226101657 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Observations about the law, the legal mind, and our legal system
- Government funding of research in the United States
- How is the "integrity of research" regulated? What is research misconduct?
- Protecting human subjects: bits, bytes, and biopsies
- Financial conflicts of interest: the legacy of Shoeless Joe Jackson
- Who can gain access to your data?
- Intellectual property: who owns your inventions, words, data and specimens?
- What regulations govern the welfare of laboratory animals?