Sexuality matters : paradigms and policies for educational leaders /
- Publication info:
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2009.
On the Shelf
Shortchanging girls, shortchanging America : executive summary : a nationwide poll that assesses self-esteem, educational experiences, interest in math and science, and career aspirations of girls and boys ages 9-15 / commissioned by the American Association of University Women ; researched by Greenberg-Lake--the Analysis Group.
LC 212.82 S56 1994
- Sexuality matters : paradigms and policies for educational leaders / edited by James W. Koschoreck and Autumn K. Tooms.
- Other Authors:
Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 2009
- Physical Description:
xxii, 272 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
9781607094166 (cloth : alk. paper)1607094169 (cloth : alk. paper)9781607094173 (pbk. : alk. paper)1607094177 (pbk. : alk. paper)9781607094180 (electronic)1607094185 (electronic)
Table of Contents
- Sexualities equality in all primary schools: a case for not waiting for "ideal" conditions / Renee DePalma
- Gay-straight alliances and other student clubs: a district's responsibilities / Ian K. Macgillivray
- Act out: organizing for queer rights in education / Erica R. Meiners, Therese Quinn
- Fostering positive dispositions about LGBTIQ matters: the effects of a social justice curriculum on future educational leaders / James G. Allen, Robert E. Harper, James W. Koschoreck
- Deconstructing silos: non-LGBTQ educators and the subjects of the urban classroom / Michael J. Sharp
- Why school principals must stop all teasing, harassment, and bullying in schools and how they can do so / Colleen A. Capper, Karen Schulte, Sarah A. McKinney
- Lesbian and gay public school administrators: early experiences that shape today / Mary J. deLeon, C. Cryss Brunner
- Dancing with the queers: a lesson in d/discourse / Autumn K. Tooms
- "Did somebody see me? Are they going to know? Am I going to lose my job?" an openly gay elementary principal reflects on being gay and coming out to his school community / Frank Hernandez
- Brotherhood and a chance to belong: lived experiences of gay fraternity men in a college community / Grahaeme A. Hesp, Jeffrey S. Brooks.