Linking teacher evaluation and student learning /
- Publication info:
- Alexandria, VA : Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, c2005.
On the Shelf
- Linking teacher evaluation and student learning / Pamela D. Tucker & James H. Stronge.
- Main Author:
- Tucker, Pamela D.
- Other Authors:
Alexandria, VA : Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, 2005
- Physical Description:
viii, 175 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The power of an effective teacher and why we should assess it
- How can we assess teacher quality?
- Assessing teacher quality with student work: the Oregon teacher work sample methodology
- Assessing teacher quality in a standards-based environment: the Thompson, Colorado, school district
- Assessing teacher quality through goal-setting: the Alexandria, Virginia, school district
- Assessing teacher quality based on student gains: value-added assessment system in Tennessee
- Final thoughts on assessing teacher quality: guidelines for policy and practic.