Religion and the American constitutional experiment /
- Publication info:
- Boulder, CO : Westview Press, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Implementation of the Immigration Act of 1990: immigrants and nonimmigrants; the future of U.S. immigration policy; forced repatriation; migration and health: domestic perspective; employer sanctions: abandon or strengthen? proceedings of the 1992 Annual National Legal Conference on Immigration and Refugee Policy / edited by Lydio F. Tomasi.
KF 4800 A75 N38 1992
- Corporate Subject:
- Religion and the American constitutional experiment / John Witte, Jr. and Joel A. Nichols.
- Main Author:
- Witte, John, 1959-
- Other Authors:
Boulder, CO : Westview Press, 2011
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
xxiv, 353 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The American experiment in historical context
- The theology and politics of the religion clauses
- The essential rights and liberties of religion
- Forging the First Amendment religion clauses
- Religious liberty in the states before 1947 and the creation of a new national law on religious liberty
- The free exercise of religion
- Modern establishment law : mapping the doctrinal terrain
- Religion and public education : no establishment of religion, but equal access for religion
- Government and religious education : accommodation, separation, and equal treatment
- Religion and public life
- Religious organizations and the law
- Toward an integration of religious liberty : the American experiment in international context
- Appendix 1. Drafts of federal religious clauses (1787-1789)
- Appendix 2. State constitutional provisions on religion (as of 1947)
- Appendix 3. United States Supreme Court decisions relating to religious liberty.