Transcending the boundaries of law : generations of feminism and legal theory /
- Publication info:
- Abingdon, Oxon [U.K.] ; New York, N.Y. : Routledge, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Transcending the boundaries of law : generations of feminism and legal theory / edited by Martha Albertson Fineman.
- Other Authors:
Abingdon, Oxon [U.K.] ; New York, N.Y. : Routledge, 2011
- Item Description:
"A GlassHouse book."
- Physical Description:
xv, 414 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -406) and index.
Table of Contents
- "Le féminisme" and professionalism in law : reflections on the history of women lawyers / Mary Jane Mossman
- An inconsistent affair : feminism and the legal academy / Margaret Thornton
- Have pantsuit, will travel / Patricia J. Williams
- Grappling with equality : one feminist journey / Martha Albertson Fineman
- What's so hard about sex equality? : nature, culture, and social engineering / Linda C. McClain
- No male or female / Mary Anne Case
- The new faces of feminism : feminism-in-action and organic feminists in a post-feminist era / Michèle Alexandre
- Feminist legal theory as embodied justice / Isabel Karpin and Roxanne Mykitiuk
- Privatization and punishment in the new age of reprogenetics / Dorothy E. Roberts
- A tale of two bodies : the male body and feminist legal theory / Michael Thomson
- The vulnerable subject : anchoring equality in the human condition / Martha Albertson Fineman
- Resistance in the afterlife of identity / Darren Lenard Hutchinson
- Gender equality, citizenship status, and the politics of belonging / Siobhán Mullally
- When and where they enter / Robin West
- New frontiers in family law / Laura T. Kessler
- Family law, feminist legal theory, and the problem of racial hierarchy / Twila L. Perry
- Living alone : new demographic research / Adam P. Romero
- Learning the lessons : what feminist legal theory teaches international human rights law and practice / Fionnuala Ní Aoláin
- Prosecuting sexual violence in the ad hoc International Criminal Tribunals for Rwanda and the Former Yugoslavia / Fiona de Londras
- Theorizing the more responsive state : transcending the national boundaries of law / Laura Spitz
- Gender scripting and deliberative democracy / Holning Lau
- The accidental feminist / Victoria F. Nourse
- Defending and developing critical feminist theory as law leans rightward / Martha T. McCluskey
- Appendix. Introduction to At the boundaries of law : feminism and legal theory / Martha Albertson Fineman.