The common law of intellectual property : essays in honour of Professor David Vaver /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- The common law of intellectual property : essays in honour of Professor David Vaver / edited by Catherine W Ng, Lionel Bently and Giuseppina D'Agostino.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2010
- Portion of Title:
- Essays in honour of Professor David Vaver
- Local Note:
Osgoodiana copy in original publisher's cloth binding.
- Item Description:
Festschrift for Professor David Vaver."David Vaver, curriculum vitae"--p. -431.
- Physical Description:
lv, 452 pages ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Emerging divergences in the common law of intellectual property property : an overview / Lionel Bentley, Catherine W Ng and Giuseppina D'Agostino
- Intellectual property and the common law in Scotland c1700-c1850 / Hector L Macqueen
- On clarifying the role of originality and fair use in nineteenth century UK jurisprudence : appreciating the "humble grey which emerges as the result of long controversy" / Kathy Bowrey
- The relationship between UK common law and the European systems in the context of res judicata / Henry Carr
- The conduct of a patent trial from the perspective of practice in the US, UK, and Canada / Marshall Rothstein ... [et al.]
- Emergent diversity in the common law relating to intellectual property : how domestic court practice informs local evolution of law / Roger T Hughes
- A common law prescription for a medical malaise / Tina Piper
- Claiming a life : are organisms inherently unpatentable? / Graham Dutfield
- Divergent approaches in defining the appropriate level of inventiveness in patent law / Ann Monotti
- Sufficiency of disclosure in the common law : complexity, divergence and confusion / Sivaramjani Thambisetty
- Common law approaches to the requirement of originality / Sam Ricketson
- Finding originality in recreative copyright works / Burton Ong
- The emancipation of fair use in Israel / Lior Zemer
- Unfair competition by misappropriation : the reception of International News in the common law world / Christopher Wadlow
- The common law and trade marks in an age of statutes / Graeme B. Dinwoodie
- Protecting extraterritorial goodwill : exploring the impetus behind a common law / A Kelly Gill
- Death of a trade mark doctrine? : dilution of anti-dilution / Louis TC Harms
- Postscript : was there ever a common law of intellectual property? / Lionel Bently, Catherine W Ng and Giuseppina D'Agostino.