Common law, civil law and the future of categories /
- Publication info:
- Markham, Ont. : LexisNexis, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Humane Justiz : die deutschen Landesberichte zum ersten internationalen Kongress für Zivilprozessrecht in Gent 1977 = Justice with a human face : the German national reports for the first International Congress on the Law of Civil Procedure in Gent 1977 / Peter Gilles (Hrsg.). --
K 2204.6 I 57 1977
Public interest law around the world : report of a symposium held at Columbia University in May 1991 with descriptions of participating legal organizations from twenty countries / organized by NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund ; foreword by Julius L. Chambers ; reported by Thomas Hutchins & Jonathan Klaaren ; edited by Julius L. Chambers ... [et al.].
K 2245 A55 1991
- Common law, civil law and the future of categories / general editors, Janet Walker, Oscar G. Chase.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Markham, Ont. : LexisNexis, 2010
- Language Notes:
Includes some text in French.
- Local Note:
Osgoodiana copy in original publisher's paperback binding.
- Item Description:
"This volume comprises many of the papers presented at the International Association of Procedural Law (IAPL) held in Toronto, June 3-5, 2009" -- Preface.
- Physical Description:
lxviii, 666 pages ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Preface / Janet Walker and Oscar G. Chase
- Introduction / Oscar G. Chase and Janet Walker
- The common law/civil law divide : residual truth of a misleading distinction / Mirjam Damaska
- Le common law/civil law divide : an introduction / Marcel Storme
- Comments on Professor Damaska : residual truth of a misleading distinction / Oscar G. Chase
- Country studies from across the divide : the impact of reform on convergence / Janet Walker
- American exceptionalism and convergence theory : are we there yet? / Linda S. Mullenix
- Spanish Civil Procedure Act 2000 : flying over common and civil law traditions / Andrés de la Oliva Santos
- Civil procedure reform in Switzerland and the role of legal transplants / Samuel P. Baumgartner
- English civil justice in the age of convergence / Neil Andrews
- How much does Japanese civil procedure belong to the civil law and to the common law? / Yasuhei Taniguchi
- The Turkish 2009 Draft Code of Civil Procedure, eight decades after the voluntary adoption of the Swiss-Neuchâtel Code of Civil Procedure
- Courts and procedures : the changing roles of the participants / Trevor C.W. Farrow and Garry D. WatsonThe continuing revolution : experts and evidence in common law litigation / David Bamford
- The changing role of expert witness / Ian Binnie
- Le changement de rôle des témoins et des conseils dans quelques pays de droit civil et, en particulier, en France / Emmanuel Jeuland
- Managerial judges, Jeremy Bentham and the privitization of adjudication / Judith Resnik
- Civil procedure reforms in Latin America : the role of the judge and the parties in seeking a fair solution / Eduardo Oteiza
- The future of the categories, the categories of the futur / Soraya Amrani-Mekki
- Country studies from beyond the divide : an introduction / Thomas Main
- Procedural models and fair trial rights / Pamela Schwikkard
- Civil procedure in a mixed system : Isreal / Celia Wasserstein Fassberg
- Rule-making in a mixed jurisdiction : the federal court (Canada) / Allan Lutfy and Emily McCarthy
- Brazil and its European influences / Ada Pellegrini Grinover and Kazuo Watanabe
- Russian civil procedure : an exceptional mix / Dmitry Maleshin
- China's developmental state and the challenge of formal process : the case of counterfeit medicine / Margaret Y.K. Woo and Yanmin Cai
- Survival of the third legal tradition? / Alan Uzelac
- International harmonization projects and developments : an introduction / Valerie Oosterveld
- What changes will European harmonization bring? / Eva Storskrubb
- The ALI/Unidroit Principles of Transnational Civil Procedure and their influence on future private enforcement of European competition law / Rolf Strürner
- Common and civil law traditions in the ICTY criminal procedure : does oil blend with water?/ Fausto Pocar
- Convergence in other contexts : an introduction / Erik S. Knutsen and Sean Rehaag
- It's the law! : applying the law is the missing measure in civil law/common law convergence / James R. Maxeiner
- Evidentary provisions of the people's courts and transition of the judges' role / Baosheng Zhang and Hua Shang
- The experience of the holocaust cases / Burt Neuborne
- Exceptionalism and convergence : form versus content and categorical views of procedure / Richard Marcus
- Mediation and civil justice : a public-private partnership? / Peter L. Murray
- Judicial supervision of attorney fees in aggregate litigation : the American Vioxx experience as an example for other countries / Edward F. Sherman
- Categories of English civil procedure / Déirdre Dwyer
- Cultural dimensions of harmonization : an introduction / Peter Gottwald
- A western legal tradition? / H. Patrick Glenn
- Some remarks about procedural models / Michele Taruffo
- Looking ahead : the future of categories - categories of the future / Janet Walker
- Avenir des catégores, catégories de l'avenir : perspectives / Loic Cadiet
- Civil procedure in comparative perspective / Geoffrey C. Hazard, Jr.