- Publication info:
- Markham, Ont. : LexisNexis, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Law of slander, libel, scandalum magnatum, and false rumours : including the rules which regulate intellectual communications affecting the characters of individuals and the interests of the public ... / by Thomas Starkie ; with notes and references to American decisions / by Thomas Huntington.
KF 1266 F64U 1832A
- Libel / Peter A. Downard.
- Main Author:
- Downard, Peter A.
Markham, Ont. : LexisNexis, 2010
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
xxv, 302 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- A black letter overview
- Libel and freedom of expression
- The defamatory statement
- Reference to the plaintiff
- Absolute privilege
- Reports privileged by statute
- Qualified privilege at common law
- Responsible communication
- Fair comment
- Notice requirements and limitation periods
- Slander and other torts.