International law : norms, actors, process : a problem-oriented approach /
- Publication info:
- New York : Aspen Publishers, c2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
International law : norms, actors, process : a problem-oriented approach / Jeffrey L. Dunoff, Laura H. Carnell Professor of Law, Temple University Beasley School of Law ; Steven R. Ratner, Bruno Simma Collegiate Professor of Law, University of Michigan Law School ; David Wippman, Dean and William S. Pattee Professor of Law, University of Minnesota Law School.
KZ 3410 D86 2015
- International law : norms, actors, process : a problem-oriented approach / Jeffrey L. Dunoff, Steven R. Ratner, David Wippman.
- Main Author:
- Dunoff, Jeffrey L., 1960-,
- Other Authors:
New York : Aspen Publishers, 2010
- 3rd edition.
- Physical Description:
xxxiii, 1044 pages : illustrations, maps ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. xxvi-xxxii) and index.
Table of Contents
- Tracing the evolution of international law through two problems
- Making law in a decentralized system
- The traditional actors : states and international organizations
- The challenge of non-state actors
- International law in the domestic arena
- The reach of domestic law in the international arena : jurisdiction and its limits
- The claims of individuals on states : international human rights
- Mitigating the harms of war : international humanitarian law
- Individual accountability for violations of human dignity : international criminal law and beyond
- Responding to the first global commons issue : the law of the sea
- Protecting the international environment
- Managing the world economy
- The use of force
- Conceptual challenges to international law: legitimacy, relevance, and justice.