Global labor and employment law for the practicing lawyer : proceedings of the New York University 61st Annual Conference on Labor /
- Publication info:
- Austin, Tex.: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, c2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
The notion of employer in the era of the fissured workplace : should labour law responsibilities exceed the boundary of the legal entity? / editors, Roger Blanpain, Frank Hendrickx ; guest editors, Hiroya Nakakubo, Takashi Araki ; contributors, Diego Álvarez Alonso, Takashi Araki, Matthew W. Finkin, Tess Hardy, Sylvaine Laulom, Shih-Hao Liu, Hiroya Nakakubo, Jeremias Prassl, Bernd Waas, Aelim Yun, Qi Zhong, Mimi Zou.
K 1704.8 J55 2016
- Global labor and employment law for the practicing lawyer : proceedings of the New York University 61st Annual Conference on Labor / edited by Andrew P. Morriss ; series editor, Samuel Estreicher.
- Other Authors:
Austin, Tex.: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2010
- Portion of Title:
- Proceedings of the New York University 61st Annual Conference on Labor
- Meeting Name:
New York University Conference on Labor (1997- )
- Item Description:
"This volume ... includes chapters originally presented at that conference, chapters reprinted from elsewhere that are relevant to the topic, and original work created just for this volume."--Introduction, p. 1.At head of title: Kluwer Law International.
- Physical Description:
xlii, 844 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Cross-border employment contracts, choice of law, choice of forum, and the enforcement of cross-border judgments in the European Union / Henry Drummonds
- "The longest journey, with a first step" : bringing coherence to sovereignty and jurisdictional issues in global employee benefits law / Paul M. Secunda
- Comparative corporate responsibility in the United States and France for human rights violations abroad / Anna Triponel
- Restrictive covenants in cross-border employment contracts / Alan M. Koral
- Negotiating and drafting expatriate employment agreements / Wendi S. Lazar
- Global stock option plans : registration, disclosure, and tax issues / Susan P. Serota
- Workplace electronic privacy protections abroad : the whole wide world is watching / William A. Herbert
- The critical elements in navigating social insurance integration for the expat : the US perspective / Richard Loebl & Howard Pianko
- A practical overview of immigration law for U.S. employers / Russell W. Roberts
- Restrictive U.S. immigration policy as to the H-1b nonimmigrant visa and employment-based immigrant visas : impact on the U.S. business community and the high-skilled workforce / David Grunblatt & Mazal Gavrielov
- The state strikes back : immigration policy in the European Union / Martin A. Schain
- Outsourcing immigration compliance / Eleanor Marie Lawrence Brown
- The fair track to expanded free trade : making TAA benefits more accessible to American workers / William J. Mateikis
- Code of conduct toolkit : drafting and launching a multinational employer's global code of conduct / Donald C. Dowling, Jr.
- The place of labor rights in foreign direct investment / Sheldon Leader
- Sweatshops. choice, and exploitation / Matt Zwolinski
- Comparative study of religious antidiscrimination laws / Erika C. Collins
- Federal whistle blower laws / Eric Taussig
- China's new labor contract law and protection of workers / Li Jing
- Dealing with unions and work councils abroad : the case of China in the context of newly industrializing Asia / Earl V. Brown, Jr.
- Immigration and judicial review / Susan Glazebrook
- Dismissal protections in a global market : lessons to be learned from Serco Ltd. v. Lawson / Jacquelin Mackinnon
- Ethical issues in a multijurisdictional practice / Theodore O. Rogers, Jr.
- Human rights, labor rights, and global trade and investment / Lance Compa.