World plea bargaining : consensual procedures and the avoidance of the full criminal trial /
- Publication info:
- Durham, N.C. : Carolina Academic Press, c2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- World plea bargaining : consensual procedures and the avoidance of the full criminal trial / edited by Stephen C. Thaman.
- Other Authors:
Durham, N.C. : Carolina Academic Press, 2010
- Physical Description:
xxxvii, 426 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- From legal transplants to legal translations : the globalization of plea bargaining and the Americanization thesis in criminal procedure / Máximo Langer
- Negotiated justice in international criminal courts / Mirjan Damaška
- The entrenched position of plea bargaining in United States legal practice / Jacqueline E. Ross
- Plea bargaining in Scotland : the rise of managerialism and the fall of due process / Fiona Leverick
- Absprachen in German criminal trials / Karsten Altenhain
- Consensual, abbreviated and simplified procedures in the Netherlands / Chrisje Brants
- Penal orders, confession-triggered summary procedures and the weakening of the legality principle in Denmark / Rasmus H. Wandall
- Penal orders, victim-offender mediation, and confession-triggered summary procedures in Norway / Asbjørn Strandbakken
- Consensual procedures and the avoidance of the full-fledged trial in the Republic of Croatia / Davor Krapac
- Consensual and summary criminal procedures in Poland / Maria Rogacka-Rzewnicka
- A typology of consensual criminal procedures : an historical and comparative perspective on the theory and practice of avoiding the full criminal trial / Stephen C. Thaman.