Work on trial : Canadian labour law struggles /
- Publication info:
- Toronto, Ont. : Published for the Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History by Irwin Law, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Employment law conference, 2009 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education conference, Employment law conference 2009, held in Vancouver, BC on May 7 and 8, 2009 / conference chair, Matthew Cooperwilliams ; featured speakers, William W. Black, Christopher J. Bolan ; faculty, David M. Aaron ... [et al.] ; CLEBC program lawyer, Wendy McLean.
KF 3320 ZA4 E48 2009
Labour and employment conference : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education conference, Labour and employment: joint issues conference, held in Vancouver, B.C., on May 31, 2007 / conference chairs, M. Anthony Hickling, Leo B. McGrady, Carman J. Overholt ; faculty, Terry Bogyo ... [et al.] ; CLEBC program lawyer, Wendy McLean.
KF 3320 ZA4 L325 2007
- Work on trial : Canadian labour law struggles / edited by Judy Fudge and Eric Tucker.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Toronto, Ont. : Published for the Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History by Irwin Law, 2010
- Portion of Title:
- Canadian labour law struggles
- Physical Description:
xiv, 426 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction / Judy Fudge and Eric Tucker
- "Capitalist 'justice' as peddled by the 'noble lords'" : Toronto Electric Commissioners v. Snider et al. / R. Blake Brown and Jennifer J. Llewellyn
- John East Iron Works v. Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board : a test for the infant administrative state / Beth Bilson
- . How Justice Rand devised his famous formula / William Kaplan
- Dissent, democracy, and discipline : the case of Kuzych v. White et al. / Mark Leier
- Organizing offshore : labour relations, industrial pluralism, and order in the Newfoundland and Labrador oil industry, 1997-2006 / Sean T. Cadigan
- The Royal York Hotel case : the "right" to strike
- and not be fired for striking / Malcolm E. Davidson
- Hersees of Woodstock Ltd. v. Goldstein : how a small town case made it big / Eric Tucker
- A certain "mallaise" : Harrison v. Carswell, shopping centre picketing, and the limits of the post-war settlement / Philip Girard and Jim Phillips
- Debating maternity rights : Pacific Western Airlines and flight attendantsâ struggle to "fly pregnant" in the 1970s / Joan Sangster
- Challenging norms and creating precedents : the tale of a woman firefighter in the forests of British Columbia / Judy Fudge and Hester Lessard
- The micropolitics of Wallace v. United Grain Growers Ltd. / Daphne G. Taras
- Afterword : looking back / Harry Glasbeek.