Criminal defence and procedure : comparative ethnographies in the United Kingdom, Germany, and the United States /
- Publication info:
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Criminal defence and procedure : comparative ethnographies in the United Kingdom, Germany, and the United States / Thomas Scheffer, Kati Hannken-Illjes, Alexander Kozin.
- Main Author:
- Scheffer, Thomas.
- Other Authors:
Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010
"Doing Procedure provides an in-depth comparison of criminal defence work in different legal cultures, showing how defence work is shaped by different regimes and how it influences outcomes"--
- Physical Description:
vi, 208 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 182-200) and index.
9780230230224 (hardback)0230230229 (hardback)
Table of Contents
- Introducing procedure
- Field access as an ongoing accomplishment
- Procedural past : binding and unbinding
- Procedural future : the politics of positioning
- Procedural presence : failing and learning
- Courts as ways of knowing.