Principles of writing research papers /
- Publication info:
- Boston : Longman, c2011.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
On the Shelf
- Principles of writing research papers / James D. Lester, James D. Lester, Jr.
- Main Author:
- Lester, James D., 1935-2006.
- Other Authors:
Boston : Longman, 2011
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
xx, 235 p. ; 22 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Writing from research
- Gathering sources in the library
- Gathering sources online
- Conducting field research
- Understanding and avoiding plagiarism
- Reading and evaluating sources
- Organizing ideas and setting goals
- Writing effective notes
- Drafting the paper in an academic style
- Blending reference material into your writing by using MLA style
- Works cited: MLA style
- Creating electronic research projects.