Academic legal writing : law review articles, student notes, seminar papers, and getting on law review /
- Publication info:
- New York : Foundation Press, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Mar 07, 2018||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
Legal writing : a contemporary approach / by Ann Sinsheimer, Professor of Legal Writing, University of Pittsburg School of Law; Teresa Kissane Brostoff, Professor of Legal Writing, University of Pittsburgh School of Law; Nancy M. Burkoff, Associate Professor of Legal Writing, University of Pittsburgh School of Law..
KF 250 S55 2014
- Academic legal writing : law review articles, student notes, seminar papers, and getting on law review / by Eugene Volokh ; with foreword by Alex Kozinski.
- Main Author:
- Volokh, Eugene.
New York : Foundation Press, 2010
- 4th ed.
- Physical Description:
xix, 391 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Finding what to write about (the claim)
- Test suites : making prescriptive claims more sound
- Writing the introduction
- Writing the "background" section
- Writing the proof of the claim
- The conclusion, and after the conclusion
- Finishing the first draft, and the zeroth draft
- Tips on researching
- Editing : general principles
- Editing : getting help from your faculty advisor
- Writing : logical problems to watch for
- Writing : paragraph-level problems to watch for
- Writing : sentence/clause problems to watch for
- Writing : word/phrase problems to watch for
- Writing : rhetorical problems to watch for
- Editing : three exercises
- Using evidence correctly
- Writing and researching : timeline and summary
- A sample highly successful student article
- Turning practical work into articles
- Writing seminar term papers
- Cite : checking others' articles
- Publishing and publicizing
- Entering writing competitions
- Getting on law review
- Academic ethics
- Appendix I. Clumsy words and phrases
- Appendix II. Answers to exercises
- Appendix III. Sample cover letters.