Compromising scholarship : religious and political bias in American higher education /
- Publication info:
- Waco, Tex. : Baylor University Press, c2011.
On the Shelf
Poison drops in the Federal Senate : the school question from a parental and non-sectarian stand-point, an epitome of the educational views of Zach. Montgomery / on account of which views a stubborn but fruitless effort was made in the United States Senate to prevent his confirmation as Assistant Attorney-General. Compiled by himself from the United States census reports and from his own writings. --
LC 111 M72 1972
- Compromising scholarship : religious and political bias in American higher education / George Yancey.
- Main Author:
- Yancey, George A., 1962-
Waco, Tex. : Baylor University Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
xiv, 265 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 243-261) and index.
9781602582682 (hardback : alk. paper)1602582688 (hardback : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Historical and social bias within academia
- With whom do sociologists want to work?
- Qualitative explorations of biases among sociologists
- Tolerance and bias in other academic disciplines
- Social bias and the nature of scientific inquiry
- What can be done to deal with social bias in academia.