New frontiers of state constitutional law : dual enforcement of norms /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Toronto : Oxford University Press, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Five-year record of the Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations and its future role : joint hearings before the Subcommittee on Intergovernmental Relations of the Senate and House Committees on Government Operations, Congress of the United States Senate, Eighty-ninth Congress, first session, May 25, 26, and 27, 1965. --
KF 4600 A85 1966
- New frontiers of state constitutional law : dual enforcement of norms / edited by James A. Gardner, Jim Rossi.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Toronto : Oxford University Press, 2011
- Item Description:
"The seeds for this volume were planted at a watershed conference held in Williamsberg, Virginia, on November 14, 2003."--Acknowledgements.
- Physical Description:
vii, 177 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Dual enforcement of constitutional norms / James A. Gardner & Jim Rossi
- Cool federalism and the life cycle of moral progress / Lawrence G. Sager
- "States of the same nature" : bounded variation in subfederal constitutionalism / Jacob T. Levy
- Why federalism and constitutional positivism don't mix / James A. Gardner
- State constitutionalism and the scope of judicial review / Daniel B. Rodriguez
- Same-sex marriage and the new judicial federalism : why state courts should not consider out-of-state backlash / Neal Devins
- Interjurisdictional enforcement of rights in a post-Erie world / Robert A. Schapiro
- Dual constitutions and constitutional duels / Jim Rossi
- State common law and the dual enforcement of constitutional norms / Helen Hershkoff.