Christianity, antiquity, and enlightenment : interpretations of Locke /
- Publication info:
- Heidelberg ; New York : Springer, c2011.
On the Shelf
- Christianity, antiquity, and enlightenment : interpretations of Locke / Victor Nuovo.
- Main Author:
- Nuovo, Victor, 1931-
Heidelberg ; New York : Springer, 2011
- Item Description:
"This volume brings together eleven studies on the Christian philosophy of John Locke. Most of them are not new : five were previously published; three others were delivered as lectures or addresses and now appear in print for the first time ... Three of the chapters are entirely new. None of the studies previously published or delivered appears in its original form"--P. vii.
- Physical Description:
xix, 274 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- A portrait of John Locke as a Christian virtuoso
- Locke's theology, 1694-1704
- Locke's proof of the divine authority of scripture
- Locke's Christology as a key to understanding his philosophy
- Locke on St. Paul, messianic secrecy, and the consummation of faith
- Locke's 'Dubia circa philosophiam orientalem' and the reception of Kabbala denudata in England during the seventeenth century
- Reflections on Locke's Platonism
- Aspects of Stoicism in Locke's philosophy
- Locke against the Epicureans
- Locke's religious thinking and his politics
- Catharine Cockburn's enlightenment.