Human rights at work : perspectives on law and regulation /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Human rights at work : perspectives on law and regulation / edited by Colin Fenwick and Tonia Novitz.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2010
- Physical Description:
xx, 638 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The application of human rights discourse to labour relations : translation of theory into practice / Tonia Novitz and Colin Fenwick
- Workers' human rights in Australia / Colin Fenwick
- Legal protection of workers' rights as human rights : Brazil / Ana Virginia Moreira Gomes
- The growing impact of human rights on Canadian labour law / Christian Brunelle
- China's legal protection of workers' human rights / Liu Cheng and Sean Cooney
- Workers' human rights in English law / A.C.L. Davies
- Enforcing labour rights through human rights norms : the approach of the Supreme Court of India / Ramapriya Gopalakrishnan
- Legal protection of workers' human rights in Nigeria : regulatory changes and challenges / Chioma Agomo
- Constitutionalisation of South African labour law : an experiment in the making / Stefan Van Eck
- Legal protection of workers' human rights : regulatory changes and challenges : the United States / Lance Compa
- UN covenants and labour rights / Sarah Joseph
- Taking social rights seriously : is there a case for institutional reform of the ILO? / Jill Murray
- The ILO, freedom of association and Belarus / Lisa Tortell
- Protection of workers under regional human rights systems : an assessment of evolving and divergent practices / Tonia Novitz
- Is there a human right not to be a trade union member? : labour rights under the European Convention on Human Rights / Virginia Mantouvalou
- Giving with one hand and taking with the other : protection of workers' human rights in the European Union / Tonia Novitz and Phil Syrpis
- Core labour standards in the GSP Regime of the European Union : overshadowed by other considerations / Jan Orbie and Ferdi de Ville
- Decent working hours as a human right : intersections in the regulation of working time / Deirdre McCann
- Justice without the rule of law? : the challenge of rights-based industrial relations in contemporary Cambodia / Daniel Adler and Michael Woolcock
- Australian textile clothing and footwear supply chain regulation / Shelley Marshall
- Conclusion : regulating to protect workers' human rights / Colin Fenwick and Tonia Novitz.