The law of defamation and the Internet /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- The law of defamation and the Internet / Matthew Collins.
- Main Author:
- Collins, Matthew, Dr.
Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2010
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
xcvi, 683 p. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The Internet
- Issues for defamation law
- Libel and slander
- Intermediaries and publication
- Defamatory meaning
- Fair comment and related defences
- Absolute privilege
- Duty and interest form of qualified privilege
- Modifications of the duty and interest form of qualified privilege
- Fair reports forms of qualified privilege
- Qualified privilege and malice
- Statutory innocent dissemination and related defences
- Common law defence of innocent dissemination
- Other defences
- Injunctions and related remedies
- Vicarious liability
- Recognition and enforcement of judgments in foreign countries
- Alternatives to defamation law
- Jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights
- Human Rights Act
- Grounds of jurisdiction
- Forum non conveniens
- Choice of law
- Proof of foreign law
- Introduction to American defamation law
- Liability of Internet intermediaries in the United States
- Jurisdiction and choice of law in the United States
- Appendix A. Selected legislation
- Appendix B. Damages awards in Internet defamation cases.