Affirmative action in antidiscrimination law and policy : an overview and synthesis /
- Publication info:
- Albany : SUNY Press, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Affirmative action in antidiscrimination law and policy : an overview and synthesis / William M. Leiter, Samuel Leiter.
- Main Author:
- Leiter, William M., 1934-
- Other Authors:
Albany : SUNY Press, 2011
- 2nd ed.
- Item Description:
Samuel Leiter name appears first on the earlier edition.
- Physical Description:
xiii, 481 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 439-452) and indexes.
Table of Contents
- The roots of affirmative action, the women's movement, and affirmative action's group coverage
- The career of affirmative action in employment
- Affirmative action and the primary and secondary schools
- Affirmative action in higher education
- Affirmative action and the political representation of minorities
- Affirmative action and fair housing
- Constitutional underclasses and affirmative action : the disabled, older workers, homosexuals
- Facing affirmative action's future
- Appendix 1. A sampler of federal affirmative action programs explicitly mandated or authorized by statute or administrative regulation
- Appendix 2. Uniform guidelines on employee selection procedures (1978)
- Appendix 3. Affirmative action guidelines of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Appendix 4. Office of Federal Compliance Programs : affirmative action programs.