8th annual real estate law summit.
- Publication info:
- [Toronto, Ont.] : Continuing Professional Development, Law Society of Upper Canada, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- 8th annual real estate law summit.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
[Toronto, Ont.] : Continuing Professional Development, Law Society of Upper Canada, 2011
- Portion of Title:
- Annual real estate law summit
- Portion of Title:
- Real estate law summit
- Other Title:
- Eighth annual real estate law summit
- Meeting Name:
Real Estate Law Summit
- Item Description:
"Chaired by: Sidney H. Troister.""Dates: April 6 and 7, 2011."--Front cover."CLE11-0040301-A-PUB.""SKU CLE11-00403."--T.p. verso.
- Physical Description:
1 v. (various pagings) : ill., forms, maps ; 28 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- [Day 1]. Searching and requisitions / William L. Grimmett
- Title searching and requisitions [presentation slides] / William L. Grimmett
- How to do a proper Planning Act search / Rosemary Grenside
- Collateral mortgages : do you need a guarantee? / [Steven I. Pearlstein]
- [Condominium Q and A] / Audrey Loeb
- Insurance and risk allocation in a standard landlord leases : a tenant's perspective / by Lisa A. Borsook
- [Practice management and professionalism issues / Joel Kadish, Donald V. Thomson]
- Why provincial plans matter [presentation slides] / Leo F. Longo
- Representations, warranties and conditions in agreements of purchase and sale : a practical guide / by Max Mare?chaux
- Land registration update / by Kate Murray and Alexandra Radley
- Tricks and traps in the modern power of sale : (speaking notes & citations) / Jeffrey W. Lem
- [Day 2]. Is good faith good? / by Reuben M. Rosenblatt
- A primer on expropriation law : advising clients about their rights on an expropriation / by Judith S. Shostack
- Understanding and challenging property taxes / Melissa A. Muskat
- Contract formation rules / Craig R. Carter and Cynthia Hill
- New and old issues : transferring multi-res properties : watch out! / Joe Hoffer
- Transfers of multi-res properties "watch out" [presentation slides] / presented by Joe Hoffer
- What real estate lawyers need to know about the PPSA / Katherine McEachern
- What real estate lawyers need to know about estates law and powers of attorney for property / Natalia R. Angelini with Sarah Halsted
- Improvident sale : what are a mortgagee's obligations / Mark Hartman, Libby Gilbert
- Typical schedule to agreements of purchase and sale under power of sale : the fine print / [Doug Bourassa]
- Mortgagors' entitlement to bonus interest under s.17 of the Mortgages Act / James M. Butson, Nicole Stortini
- Mortgage discharge statements and privacy concerns / Richard Horodyski
- Understanding the two "two-lawyer" rules in ten easy steps / Alan G. Silverstein
- Understanding the two "two-lawyer" rules in ten easy steps [presentation slides] / Alan G. Silverstein.