The law of corporations /
- Publication info:
- St. Paul, MN : West, c2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
Holdings: LAW Vols. 1-4.
On the Shelf
Corporate secretary's manual and guide : a manual of legal principles involved in corporate organization and management and a guide to corporate procedure, with forms / prepared with the coöperation of the editorial staff of Prentice-Hall, inc., by Lillian Doris ... and Edith J. Friedman ...
KF 1414 D6
The law of promoters : a treatise on the law of promoters of private corporations, covering the rights and liabilities of promoters, and also the rights and liabilities of the corporation and the subscribers for and purchasers of its shares, the rights and liabilities of persons selling property to the corporation, and the rights and liabilities of all other persons as affected by the acts or omissions of the promoters / By Manfred W. Ehrich.
KF 1414 E57
- The law of corporations / by James D. Cox, Thomas Lee Hazen.
- Main Author:
- Cox, James D., 1943-
- Other Authors:
St. Paul, MN : West, 2010
- 3rd ed.
- Cover Title:
- Treatise on the law of corporations
- Item Description:
Rev. ed. of: Corporations. [1st ed.]. c1997.
- Physical Description:
4 v. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- v. 1. Forms of business association : definitions and distinctions
- The evolution of corporations in England and America
- The incorporation process
- The scope of the authorized business and duties to other constituencies
- The promotion of the corporation
- Defective formation of corporations and revival of existence
- The separate corporate entity : privilege and its limitations
- Powers of officers and agents : tort and criminal liability of corporations
- v. 2. Functions and powers of directors
- Directors' and officers' duties of care and loyalty
- Fiduciary duties for executive compensation, corporate opportunities, and controlling stockholders
- Obligations arising out of transactions in shares
- Rights and powers of shareholders : inspection rights, voting, and proxies
- v. 3. Closely held entities
- The derivative suit
- Issuance of shares
- Liability for watered, bonus, and underpaid shares
- Capital structure, preferences, and classes of securities
- Accounting statements and dividend law
- Dividend distributions : rights, restrictions, and liabilities
- Repurchases, redemptions and the reduction of capital
- v. 4. Corporate combinations
- Equitable limits on acquisitions and defensive maneuvers
- Federal and state takeover laws
- Amendments to the corporate charter
- Voluntary dissolution, administrative dissolution, and winding up
- Investor protection : state and federal securities regulation
- Securities transfers.