Entertainment & media law symposium 2011 : convergence 3.0 : it's here and it's happening.
- Publication info:
- [Toronto, Ont.] : Continuing Professional Development, Law Society of Upper Canada, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Entertainment & media law symposium 2011 : convergence 3.0 : it's here and it's happening.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
[Toronto, Ont.] : Continuing Professional Development, Law Society of Upper Canada, 2011
- Other Title:
- Entertainment and media law symposium 2011
- Portion of Title:
- Convergence 3.0 : it's here and it's happening
- Meeting Name:
Entertainment & Media Law Symposium
- Related Resource:
- Item Description:
"Chaired by: Casey M. Chisick, Ron Hay.""Day one: April 15, 2011; day two: April 16, 2011."Simon Chester's paper has attached: Conflict of interest toolkit / CBA Task Force on Conflicts of Interest."CLE11-0040701-A-PUB.""SKU CLE11-00407."--T.p. verso.The full report: Mobilizing user-generated content for Canada's digital advantage is available online at: http://ir.lib.uwo.ca/gci/viewcontent.cgi?article=1022&context=fimspub.
- Physical Description:
1 v. (various pagings) : ill., forms, maps ; 28 cm.
Table of Contents
- [Day 1]. Convergence, complexity and luddites : the interactive digital media world / Gary Maavara and Jon Festinger
- Canadian entertainment and media law : the year(s) in review / Casey M. Chisick and Rebecca Hamovitch
- Entertainment & media law : the year(s) in review [presentation slides] / Casey M. Chisick
- A conflicts manual for media and entertainment lawyers / by Simon Chester
- [Workshop A. Licensing music for multiple platforms / Susan Abramovitch]
- [Workshop B. Format licensing ; Sample form of license agreement (licensor-friendly) / Tara Parker ; Issues checklist / Christopher Pang]
- [Workshop C. Broadcast and media taxonomy.] Media taxonomy : back to the basics / materials prepared by Danny Webber with assistance from Deborah Smith-Webber ; workshop facilitators: Danny Weber, Arthur Reinstein
- Media taxonomy : back to the basics [presentation slides] / workshop facilitators: Danny Weber, Arthur Reinstein
- [Workshop D. A practical perspective on Bill C-32. What was and what will never be : what the failure of Bill C-32 (the Copyright Modernization Act) means for practitioners / Erin Finlay, Bob Tarantino]
- What was and what will never be : what the failure of Bill C-32 means for practitioners [presentation slides] / moderator: Giuseppina D'Agostino ; panelists: Bob Tarantino, Erin Finlay.[Day 2]. [Types of games : overview ; Types of games : overview definitions / Sasha Boersma]
- Entertainment software : the industry in Canada / prepared by Hickling Arthurs Low
- Canada's entertainment software industry : the opportunities and challenges of a growing industry / prepared by Hickling Arthurs Low
- 2010 essential facts about the Canadian computer and video game industry / [Jason J. Kee]
- The Canadian video game industry : overview & profile [presentation slides] / [Jason J. Kee]
- [Checklist of contractual issues when negotiating publishing agreements and vendor agreements / by Daniel Bourque
- Show me the money : financing options for game developers [presentation slides] / [Robert Caouette]
- Developing digital media projects in Canada : summary of tax rates and credits for non-Canadian controlled companies / [Rob DePetris]
- One size does not fit all : game development interim financing [presentation slides] / Jim Russell
- User generated content : recent developments in Canada and the US / Len Glickman and Jessica Fingerhut
- [Excerpts from Mobilizing user-generated content for Canada's digital advantage / Samuel E. Trosow, Nick Dyer-Witheford, Michael B. McNally].