Accountability for collective wrongdoing /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Apr 27, 2017||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Accountability for collective wrongdoing / edited byTracy Isaacs, Richard Vernon.
- Other Authors:
Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011
- Item Description:
"This book has its origin in a workshop orgainized by (the former) Nationalism and Ethnic Conflict Research Group at the University of Western Ontario in April 2009."--Acknowledgments, p. ix.
- Physical Description:
ix, 310 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : accountability for collective wrongdoing / Tracy Isaacs
- Collective responsibility and postconflict justice / Mark A. Drumbl
- State criminality and the ambition of international criminal law / David Luban
- Punishing genocide : a critical reading of the International Court of Justice / Anthony F. Lang, Jr.
- Joint criminal enterprise, the Nuremberg precedent, and the concept of "Grotian moment" / Michael P. Scharf
- Collective responsibility and transnational corporate conduct / Sara L. Seck
- Collective punishment and mass confinement / Larry May
- Reparative justice / Erin I. Kelly
- The distributive effect of collective punishment / Avia Pasternak
- Citizen responsibility and the reactive attitudes : blaming Americans for war crimes in Iraq / Amy Sepinwall
- Kicking bodies and damning souls : the danger of harming "innocent" individuals while punishing "delinquent" states / Toni Erskine
- Punishing collectives : states or nations? / Richard Vernon.